Varina took this photograph with a 180mm macro lens earlier this year. Most visitors to Death Valley National Park never notice the beauty in the tiny salt crystals that cover the floor of the salt pan. As a nature photographer, do you slow down and notice the details? We want to see your best detail shot. The theme of our next contest… Details in Nature. This time, we’re offering a free webinar session as a prize. We hope you will enter!
Keep in mind – you do not need a macro lens to capture details. Jay’s shot (below) of ice crystals in Paria Canyon, was taken with a normal mid-range zoom lens. Get creative!
As before, we’re going to keep things pretty simple for this contest. We have made a few changes, so make sure you read the rules carefully.
- Each photographer may submit as many as ONE (1) JPG images to the contest forum. PLEASE NOTE: You will need to register in order to upload to the forum.
- All contest entries must be posted no later than 11:59 PM EST, Sept 12, 2010.
- Photographs should be relevant to the theme: Details in Nature.
- Photographer should include a brief explanation of technique, and any comments you feel are relevant.
- The winning photograph will be featured on our blog. Three or four runners-up will also receive mention on our blog.
- The winner will receive ONE (1) free webinar session – the winner may choose from sessions 1, 2, or 3 from our upcoming webinar series in October 2010. Webinar details are online at: https://photographybyvarina.com/photography/workshops/workshop-nature-photography-ihdr-workflow
- If the winning photographer does not contact us within two weeks of notification, we will choose another winner to receive the prize. The original winner will forfeit his/her prize.
That’s it, folks! We hope you’ll decide to submit an image. Feel free to browse the forums and take a look at some of the other submissions – and feel free to exchange comments as well! We’re looking forward to seeing all your great work!