2011 was a great year for our Photography business – but there were highs and lows. There were many FIRSTS for us over the past year.
In 2011, for the first time…
- we published a full year’s worth of eBooks.
- we visited Iceland, where…
- Varina got hit by multiple icebergs. Ouch.
- we destroyed 2 cameras and 2 lenses in a matter of 20 minutes. Ouch again.
- we are parents of THREE teenagers. Triple ouch.
- we closed a business… and started a new one in the same month. (We closed the doors on Visual Wilderness, and started selling our ebooks on our own websites.)
- we were unable to get a permit to run a workshop in a National Park.
- we did not visit Death Valley. (We’ve been to Death Valley at least once a year, every year since 2005.)
- we joined Google+, and gained thousands of friends and followers almost overnight.
So, there you go. It’s been a crazy year…but it was great fun. Here are some of our images from 2011:
We are looking forward to 2012, and have an ambitious schedule laid out before us. We hope you’ll come along for the ride!