Location: Kona/Hilo – Big Island, Hawaii
Date: October 19-25, 2014
Arrival: October 19, 2014 – Kona, Big Island, Hawaii
Departure: October 25, 2014 – Hilo, Big Island, Hawaii
Price: $3000 (Double Occupancy), $3600 (Single Occupancy)
Join us in Hawaii
- This is your chance to spend SIX days with THREE world-renowned photographers.
- Class sizes are small, so you’ll get lots of time with the pros.
- You’ll learn the tricks and techniques that pros use so you can make the most of your time on location – and get amazing photographs no matter where you are.
- You’ll build up your portfolio with photographs from some of the most beautiful places on the Big Island.
- You’ll be able to ask questions while you work, and you’ll get instant feedback from professional photographers with years of experience.
- You’ll explore a variety of terrains and learn to shoot in all kinds of conditions. Beaches, mountains, rain forests, waterfalls, lava fields… the Big Island is a photographers paradise.
Come join Colby Brown, Varina Patel, and Jay Patel as we explore the Big Island of Hawaii! This 6-day, educational photography workshop will take you from the beautiful beaches of Kona, to the steaming landscapes of Volcanoes National Park, and into the lush rain forests of Hilo. If the volcanoes are active, and the lava is accessible, we will be photographing the active lava flow as well!
What to expect:
The Big Island is the largest of several volcanic islands that form the state of Hawaii. Home to Kīlauea – one of world’s most active volcanoes – the Big Island offers a wealth of photographic opportunities. Black sand beaches, vibrant rain forests, barren lava fields, sloping mountainsides… there are very few places in the world that can match the natural diversity of Big Island. Students can look forward to the challenge of photographing a variety of exotic and beautiful locations as we explore the southern and eastern parts of the Big Island. If conditions are right, students may even have the opportunity of a lifetime… the chance to photograph an active lava flow!*
*Unfortunately, your intrepid Instructors can not control the forces of nature. We will photograph lava only if conditions are right, and we can access it without putting students, guides, or instructors at risk. Your safety is our paramount concern.
Workshop Price and Deposit
The workshop fee of $3600 is based on double occupancy. A $1000 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot. The balance is due by June 1st, 2014.
Please Note: A limited number of spots are available for this trip. Please sign up early to secure your place!
What is included
- All Ground Transportation once you arrive on the Big Island
- All Lodging (Price based on Double Occupancy)
- Daily Breakfast
- All Permits and fees for Lava Tours and National Park Access
What is NOT included
- Lunch, Dinner, Snacks
- Alcoholic beverages
- Flights and Travel Expenses for your trip to and from the Big Island. (Students are responsible for booking and paying for your flights. Be sure to notify instructors of your arrival and departure times. We will transport you to and from the airport.)
- Travel & Medical Insurance
- Initial Deposit: Fully refundable up to 30 days after deposit of funds
- Cancellation more than 120 Days (four months) before the workshop begins: 75% Balance Refund
- Workshop spaces can be transferred at any time before the workshop begins
- Colby Brown: ABOUT | WEBSITE | PORTFOLIO Colby Brown is an acclaimed professional photographer, photo educator, and author based in Denver, Colorado. He specializes in landscape, travel, and humanitarian photography.
- Jay Patel: ABOUT | WEBSITE | PORTFOLIO Jay Patel is a professional photographer, and a highly-regarded photography instructor. His photographs feature rich, vibrant colors, intricate details, and the broad range of light found in nature.
- Varina Patel: ABOUT | WEBSITE | PORTFOLIO Varina Patel is a professional nature photographer, a prolific writer, and a dedicated photo educator. Her portfolio highlights the intricate beauty of the natural world – from minimalist landscapes to macro photography.
Explore the Big Island